Accommodation at the Crown Country Inn consists of three bedrooms situated in an old Georgian stable block set to the back of the main building. The Crown is a wonderful old 16th century Inn and due to the nature of the building there are some uneven floors and original stone steps to the rooms located on the first floor. Alternative access to the rooms is via a private lane to the side of the building with five steps to enter the courtyard and accommodation block.
Our rooms are named after Norman castles along the Corvedale. Stokesay castle is a medieval manor house which is open to the public.
We have a 4 star AA Inn rating and AA Award Winning Breakfasts.
Stokesay Room - A large room with king size bed and sofa area, offering an en-suite bathroom,
a comfortable room for 2 adults. Boasting period characteristic features including a cruck-beam design, typical for the age of the structure.
This room is up a staircase which turns with a few more steps and is opposite Holdgate room.
Holdgate Room - A spacious double room with exposed oak beams and vaulted ceiling, King size bed and en-suite shower room for 2 adults.
This room is up a staircase which turns with a few more steps and is opposite Stokesay room.
Broncroft Room - A double room with Super king size bed (that can be turned into a twin if pre-booked) accompanied by an en-suite shower room, for 2 adults. Situated on the first floor below the Stokesay room.
2013/14 Room Prices*
Bed, full English breakfast and VAT are included per room per night.
Double room occupancy
Sunday - Thursday £99.00 Friday and Saturday - £125.00
Single room occupancy for all 3 rooms
Sunday - Thursday £68.00 Friday and Saturday - £125.00
Ludlow food festival weekend 13th - 15th September £130.00 per night
We also have seasonal room offers on our 'Offers' page. *All subject to change and availability
*Each room is equipped with a seating area, television and DVD player, with a selection of DVD's available for use on request. Tea and coffee making facilities are also included with farmhouse biscuits, mineral water and many thoughtful extras.
*Free Wireless Broadband internet access is also available.
*No pets except for guide assisted dogs.
*The Inn is closed every afternoon, Sunday evenings and all day Monday for food and drink.
Bed and breakfast is still available on these day's.
Booking Terms and Conditions
We apologise for the small print but please take a moment to read over the following terms and conditions as this will apply to all bookings made.
1) Enquiries to be made by telephone or email regarding availability and prices.
2) Bookings can only be accepted by persons over the age of 18 years.
3) For the comfort and safety of all our guests we are a totally non smoking establishment.
4) Your booking is personal to you and you are responsible for it. If you make a booking on someone else’s behalf, you must state the correct name of each guest being booked.
5) We do not offer accommodation for any dogs / pets. Except guide dogs.
6) A credit / debit card is required to secure your reservation. Full payment on arrival is required for guests booking on arrival.
7) Cancellation Policy:
If you have to cancel your reservation please let us know immediately.
If a room is cancelled and we are unable to re-let the accommodation we reserve the right to make a charge.
On normal room reservations there will be no cancellation charge if a booking is cancelled before 09:00 BST fourteen days before your date of arrival. If the booking is cancelled later, or in the case of a no-show, the entire stay will be charged unless otherwise stated in the room notes.
On certain room offers e.g. Dinner, Bed and Breakfast offers full pre payment is required with no cancellations or refunds. This will be stated in the offer that is being booked and confirmed.
8) When booking any holiday or break away please make sure you have sufficient holiday insurance cover.
9) Check in times Tuesday to Saturday is between 1.30pm to 3.30p.m. or after 6.00p.m and latest check in in the evening is 9.00pm.
Monday and Sunday only latest check in is before 4.00p.m. Please note that we are closed for food and drink all day Monday and Sunday evenings we only offer bed and breakfast.
10) Please note the Inn is closed during each afternoon and all day Sunday evening and all day Monday.
11) Guests are asked to vacate their rooms by 11.00a.m on the day of departure.
12) Earlier arrivals and later checkouts may be available by prior arrangement only.
13) Accounts can be settled by cash, debit card or most major credit cards. Guests are required to settle all charges on departure unless alternative arrangements have been made and agreed in advance.
14) We reserve the right to refuse a guest entry and accommodation if on arrival we reasonably consider that the guest is under the influence of alcohol or drugs, is unsuitably dressed or is behaving in a threatening, abusive or otherwise unacceptable manner.
15) We reserve the right to ask a guest to leave the hotel, if they are causing a disturbance or behaving in an unacceptable manner. Full payment and costs occurred will be taken.
16) A minimum charge of £30.00 will be made if extra cleaning is needed due to sickness, smoking in bedrooms etc.
17) Guests will be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury they may cause at The Crown and its surroundings.
18) All damages must be paid for on departure.
19) We will not be liable for any failure to perform any of our obligations in relation to your booking, arising from * Extreme weather conditions *Acts of God *Fire, Explosion or accidental damage *Collapse of building structures, failure of machinery and equipment etc *Interruption or failure of utility services
*Any other act, event, omission or accident which is beyond our reasonable control